Sunday, November 29, 2009

Winter Boo Bread Pudding



This, my friends, is the the crown jewel of my dessert repertoire. I actually started developing it about four years ago after finding a recipe for sourdough bread pudding with a banana rum sauce. I subbed challah for sourdough, eschewed the bananas and pretty much changed everything else but the rum. It was a big hit last Thanksgiving and I ended up making it for a ton of holiday parties and events. I call it Winter Boo Bread Pudding because it helped me snag a honey last year, true story. After baking a batch for a fella I had just started seeing last fall, I didn't have to search any further to find my cuddle bunny for the colder months.

Winter Boo Bread Pudding is currently available for in-person delivery in Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan and the Bronx; special arrangements may be made for New Jersey deliveries as well. You may select your choice of rum, brandy or cognac glaze; other customizations, such as apples, raisins or nuts, are available as well. Prices start at $15 (delivery fee applies outside of central Brooklyn). Contact sweethoneydesserts@gmail.com for pricing and ordering.

No comments:

Post a Comment